- Willful Creatures: Stories by Aimee Bender!
- RED: Tales From The Cafe Volume Two.
- Willful Creatures;
- Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender - plicelalma.tk book review.
- dedicated solely to literary fiction, created by and for the literary fiction community.;
- Most Popular;
The author's delivery is straightforward and matter-of-fact. The surreal and the magical, as well as the normal and the traditional, coexist so perfectly that one is no better no more real than the other.
Often, Bender's narrators display a detached calm, the voice sure and even as it describes cruel teenage torment or the curiosities of an unexpected romantic relationship. Precisely because of this style, she is able to highlight those universals of love, hurt, family, loneliness and grace to a higher clarity. The truth is not obscured by the common and everyday. The Lilliputian is his owner's desire for connection made incarnate, and the iron-headed child is the vehicle by which Bender is able to show the limitless boundaries of a family's love.
While her stories are tinged with a sense of magic, they are also grounded in familiar circumstances such as love, broken hearts, ennui, and failure. She dares to think further than the page.
She manages to use just enough words, never too many. In this she differs from some of her contemporaries, Ann Beattie and Andrea Barrett, for instance, who, while producing the same level of quality as Bender, use far more pages. Bender will appeal to readers who appreciate slim, light volumes still able to deliver ample fodder for thought.
Though Bender writes with a moral bent, she avoids preaching to her readers from a place of supremacy.
- Team Project Bolsters Productivity and Profits (ASQ Case Study).
- The Honorable Senator Sage-Brush (Illustrated Edition) (Railroading Classics Book 4).
- God’s Pregnancy Blessings: Having a Healthy Second Trimester of Motherhood (Gods Pregnancy Blessings volume 2).
- A Review of: Willful Creatures by Aimee Bender - Believer Magazine.
- Insulin Resistance - ECAB.
Related Willful Creatures
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved